When PM Modi announced to give 10 million jobs every year, eligible youths were looking to get placed but despite any visible increase in the job market. Companies are calling for job cut in reverse.
In another escalation of job loss. On 25th May, the Central Railway Board has written a letter to all the 17 zonal headquarters to abolish about 11 thousand posts towards curtailing the cost. Board will decide which non-usable posts will be abolish. The official also claims that termination of such posts will not affect the functioning of the Railways. Currently, Railways has around 15 lacs employees.
Employees are scared & surprised :
Employees are scared and surprised after this decision of the board. Despite a promise of giving one crore new jobs by PM Modi every year, Government is preparing to take away existing jobs.
Zonewise job cut details :
- The South-East-Central Railway Zone – 400 posts
- Central Railway – 1000 posts
- Eastern Railway – 1000 posts
- East Coast Railway – 700 posts
- Northern Railway – 1500 posts
- North Central Railway – 150 posts
- North Eastern Railway – 700 posts
- North Western Railway – 300 posts
- East Central Railway – 300 posts
- North East Frontier Railway – 550 posts.
- the Southern Railway – 1500 posts
- South Central Railway – 800 posts
- South East Central – 400 posts
- South Eastern Railway – 400 posts
- South Western Railway 200 posts
- Western Railway – 700 posts
- West Central Railway – 300 posts.
In RRB NTPC 2016 Vacancy, overall vacancy has been reduced from 18252 to around 14000 :
Vacancy for RRB NTPC (Graduate) Exam 2016 Goods Guard, CA/ TA, Sr Clerk & JAA posts has been decreased by Railway Recruitment Board (RRB). The overall vacancy has been reduced from 18252 to around 14000 as reported by Newsnation.