Maharashtra : A woman has accused a senior BJP leader from Maharashtra of raping her in a public transport on ‘gun point’ in a moving Bus. This was after a video of a man kissing a woman in a moving bus went viral.
The woman has filed a case of rape against the BJP senior leader, Sri Ravindra Bawanthale, who is now absconding after the complaint. According to reports, the alleged incident took place in a moving bus at Chandrapur area of Gadchiroli district.
CCTV footage obtained by officials, which is installed inside the bus, Bawanthale can be seen forcing upon himself onto the woman. The other passengers too can be seen inside the bus.
However, the woman filed the rape case only after the video went viral. She said he had promised to marry her and get a job.
What is the Case :
- A woman filed a rape case against local BJP leader Ravindra Bawanthade for allegedly raping her on a moving bus in Chandrapur of Gadchiroli district.
- She filed the case only after a CCTV footage video showing Bawanthade and a woman in a compromising position went viral.
- The CCTV video of inside the bus shows the BJP leader kissing the woman and also forcing himself upon her. Other passengers can also be seen sitting in the bus.
- After case was filed in police station, BJP leader is absconding.
- The woman told the police that Bawanthade had promised that he will marry her and also get a job.>
- As the matter is related to a leader of the ruling party, the police is not ready to comment on this case.
- The video has sent shockwaves in Maharashtra’s political by lanes. Local BJP leaders have refused to give any statement over the incident.
Source : AajTak