An encounter is underway between militants and security forces in Nagrota area of Jammu and Kashmir. Latest reports said two soldiers succumbed to their injuries, and at least three militants are holed up inside the base.
According to reports, the terrorists targeted a military location near White Knight Corps in Nagrota at 5:30 am today.
“A group of heavily armed militants, believed to be four-to-five in number, attacked the 166 field regiment camp in Nagrota area of Jammu today (Tuesday) morning,” the police said.
Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar insensitive remark
While briefing about ongoing encounter with terrorists in Nagrota to press media, Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar spoke in a insensitive way, he said “No civilian has been targeted as terrorists seek local support. PM has been briefed on it“.
Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar has been under controversies for many insensitive and unusual remarks, earlier after the successful mission of Surgical Strike conducted by Indian Army in PoK, he caught into controversy for saying “Indian troops were like Hanuman who did not quite know their prowess before the surgical strikes,” On October 1, at an event in Dehradun. Delhi’s AAP party slammed Parrikar and threatened to file FIR for demeaning Indian army and ‘celebrating over the corpses of martyred soldiers’.
Latest Updates on Nagrota encounter :
- No civilian has been targeted as terrorists seek local support. PM has been briefed on it: Manohar Parrikar
- Statistics have shown attack is on military installations. Civilians not being targeted: Manohar Parrikar
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar briefed by Army.
- Two jawans martyred, two others critical.
- As per latest reports, this is a suicide attack and terrorists have come from the Srinagar side of the national highway.
- The artillery unit attacked in Nagrota is on the Jammu-Srinagar national highway, about 15 kms from Jammu and 39 kms from Pakistan border.
- According to the sources, the terrorists first threw a grenade on the guard stationed at the main gate after which they started firing indiscriminately.
- Three terrorists holed up in the area..
- All schools have been ordered to shutdown.
- Army has cordoned off the area.
- Terrorists attacked the 166 field regiment camp in Nagrota.
(With PTI inputs)