Pierced with screw drivers, scraped with sickles, Qasim’s body was badly mutilated


45 year Qasim was not only killed by cow vigilantes also his body was badly mutilated sending chills down the spine His body assaulted by screwdrivers for more than an hour .”We saw the body. There was not even a single place on his body that did not have a wound. He was beaten black and blue, scratched and stabbed. Why so much hate? Just over a rumour?” says his brother Saleem .”In fact,” Saleem said, “They drag Qasim out of the field in the presence of police.”

“They let the perpetrator drag my brother’s body for several metres and then they claim that they took him to hospital. No one even offered him a drop of water. They all stood there and smiled,” he added, “It is a shame that they call themselves police officers.”
According to the the autopsy report obtained by press ,Qasim, who was brought dead to the hospital, sustained 18 grievous external injuries, with the medical examiner noting contusions on his legs, arms, and knees. There were multiple bruises all over his back, his ribs were fractured, and there were deep cuts on his shoulders, knees, near the abdomen, and on his head. The cause of death was shock and haemorrhage.

A video of the gruesome murder recorded and later widely shared shows how Qasim was attacked and made to confess that he out to slaughter the cow.Samaiuddin, an elderly farmer working in his field near the site of the attack at Bajhera Khurd village, tried to help Qasim but was beaten up by the mob too.

Qasim ,45 year old cattle trader had left home assuring his wife that he would be back in few hours but instead she was informed about his “scuffle “by villagers and not police .They got to know the exact nature of the “scuffle” once videos of the attack began to be circulated. “To see Qasim sitting on the ground, bleeding, asking for water, while 20 other men…abused him, heckled him, broke us. I wish I was there to help him,” said Irfan, Qasim’s brother-in-law, “So much happened and police did not care to tell us anything.”It has been over a week since Qasim was lynched on 18 June, but his family is yet to get a copy of the autopsy report, he added .

The FIR identifies road rage as the trigger of the assault. According to it, while Samaiuddin and Qasim were on their way to the village, a motorcycle struck the former. When he protested, it adds, he was beaten up by the bikers, who called some 20-25 more people.
According to the FIR, the duo was then assaulted by the entire mob. It adds that police subsequently reached the spot and took both of them to hospital.The FIR names 25 unidentified suspects who have been booked for murder, attempt to murder and rioting.
Police have made three arrests in the case — Yudhishtir Singh, Rakesh Sisodia and Kannu — but the two bikers with whom the scuffle allegedly began remain on the run. Three policemen have been suspended after a viral photograph showed them escorting the accused as they dragged Qasim.

The post-mortem report tells a different story so does the diary entry at Pilakhuwa police station .According to this account, unidentified men surrounded the duo and beat them up. It does not mention Samaiuddin being hit by a bike and has no reference to road rage.
Qasim is survived by his wife and five children who live in a rented house big enough to accommodate a cot. According to his family Qasim was not a butcher but a cattle trader and was killed only on the basis of a rumour of cow slaughter .The family is also complaining about the way FIR was lodged Police concocted a story and wrote the complaint. “This is not what I told them.

When I confronted them, I was told that the facts can be looked at during the investigation and that my statement was just for initial paperwork,” said Samiuddin’s brother Yaseen as Samiuddin is not in a position to make any statement .The four videos show more than 30 people, including children, surrounding Qasim, but police are yet to find a single eyewitness.

“We have not been able to find a witness yet, so no statements have been recorded till now. The locals are scared to speak,” SP Sharma said.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here